3rd Day, Ohiopyle to West Newton - Go And Pedal the GAP Trail, Sept 2022 - CycleBlaze

September 7, 2022

3rd Day, Ohiopyle to West Newton

Started off with breakfast at the Ohiopyle sandwich shop. So interesting.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dealing with a tree right off the bat but we decided just to carry the bikes over.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Interesting picture of our bikes and legs with feet. :) Trying to take more breaks during our longest day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had to go and check out the old Ace Hardware at Connellsville.
Heart 0 Comment 0
3-4 trees were down in the trail and we had to carry our bikes over the limbs. This was a little hard with as much stuff as we had.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hauling the bike over the trees.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Actually carrying the whole bike over.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Now we've got to attach them back together since we separated them into 3 pieces. And Jeff is trying not to fall. :)
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just a glimpse of the great scenery passing us by.
Heart 1 Comment 0
stopped for lunch at a park and met a family from France that had a 18 month old and 4-year old boy. the 4-year old boy had ridden 14 miles on his own bike the day before. What?!?!?
Heart 1 Comment 0
Us having lunch with protein bars, beef jerky, and iced tea. You do what you gotta do.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Starting on the last 10 miles into West Newton. We are ready to be done.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Staying at the Bright Morning B&B which is actually 4 homes along the trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Debi chilling at the B&B.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 116 miles (187 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0