2nd Day, Meyersdale to Ohiopyle - Go And Pedal the GAP Trail, Sept 2022 - CycleBlaze

September 6, 2022

2nd Day, Meyersdale to Ohiopyle

This coffee house / diner was really good. We needed to fuel up again.
Heart 0 Comment 0
All smiles and getting ready for our day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Debi loved this Drug Store. She said we have to come back here after the ride for some Christmas presents. Oh my!
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are starting out and here is a caboose of the Western Maryland RR that gave most of the land and railway access to the trail along this route.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Coming out of our first tunnel. It was rainy off and on throughout the day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cheese crackers never tasted so good when you are riding many miles per day. Oh my! :)
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Pinkerton Tunnel had no lights and was kind of spooky, but at least you could see "the light at the end of the tunnel".
Heart 0 Comment 0
So many bridges that were so cool. It put you out over the Casselman River on several occasions.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Stopped for lunch in Confluence at Mitch's which was actually a gas station with a somewhat upscale restaurant attached to it. So good.
Heart 0 Comment 0
So many great scenes of the river along side us.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We finally made it to Ohiopyle. There really wasn't much to do here except for the falls and two restaurants. It seemed like the season had passed.
Heart 0 Comment 2
Mike AylingWhy do you carry a spare wheel?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Mike AylingOK I get it, your trikes are joined up in tandem and it is the front wheel of the rear trike.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
We made a stop at another bridge over the Casselman River.
Heart 1 Comment 0
What a gorgeous river. We stopped right on the bridge to enjoy the scenery.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Youghiogheny River was right next to Ohiopyle and was the highlight of the city.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Here are the falls at the Youghiogheny River. They were quite loud, and there several outlooks over the river.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 74 miles (119 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0