Day 16 Jackson - Portland to Portland Anniversary Ride - CycleBlaze

June 3, 2018

Day 16 Jackson

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Jackson Wyoming

Our last day in Jackson before we hit the road again. I took a low key 12 mile ride this morning on the South Park bike loop. Just felt the need to move the legs and work the lungs a bit. Allergies/asthma have been killing me this last week. Jon cleaned up the chains, derailleurs and gears on our bikes while I sorted our gear and boxed up supplies for our next rest stop in Minnesota. Then we set about making dinner for our Victor and Jackson hosts. My aunt had gotten some ribs for Jon to grill and he decided to do a mango ginger sauce (a-mazing). We also made a sausage and shrimp gumbo using the leftover stock from last night’s poached salmon. Jon broiled some French bread, a tad too long as he wasn’t used to the super fast IR broiler. It was still good. We had dessert of GF lemon cake, Greek yogurt and fresh berries. Pretty sure any weight we may have lost on the ride thus far was found this weekend. But such goodness to fuel our bodies for the next segment. It’s been wonderful to hang out here for the last few days. Thanks so much Uncle John, Aunt Barb and Evan and Jason. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0