Day 15 Jackson - Portland to Portland Anniversary Ride - CycleBlaze

June 2, 2018

Day 15 Jackson

Zero day

Snake River
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jon’s new bike socks. 🍺
Heart 0 Comment 0

Jackson Wyoming 

Our first legit zero day; our feet did not touch the pedals at all today. Everyone in the house slept in late and we had a wonderful breakfast of eggs with sautéed kale, toast and mandarin oranges. That fueled for the task of the day: resupplying for the next few days in Yellowstone and beyond and organizing. Jon helped Uncle John with a couple of projects and later we took a nice walk down to the Snake River. The water is so different from when we’ve been here in August. High, fast moving and slightly murky. We saw a raft go by; beautiful day for it, sunny and mid 70’s. On our way back from the river, the trumpeter swans in my uncle’s back pond were out with their one cygnet. They’ve had a pair of swans breeding here for years. For whatever reason only one of the seven eggs hatched. Wyoming Fish and Wildlife Dept monitors the nesting and breeding and came out to remove the other eggs. When we were out here a couple of years ago in September, they were removing 2 of the 3 mostly grown cygnets to move them to another area to increase diversity. 

We had a lovely dinner of poached salmon and veg and crashed.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0