Montreal to Rosemere - Exploring the Route Verte in Quebec, Canada by Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 23, 2010

Montreal to Rosemere

Got a late start after another great breakfast. We have had some problems reassembling and mounting the racks and the fenders. Another stop at the local bike shop fixed the final problems. We had a long hot ride. We were lost a few times riding through Montreal and Laval. Despite these frustrations, we were impressed by the safety of the bike lanes and the interesting neighbourhoods. The route was particularly beautiful along the river. Even the bridge was for bikes only - it's such a joy not to have to dodge vehicles or their exhaust fumes on this bridge! Our plan was to reach St. Jerome, but by 7 pm we changed our mind and found a hotel (off the Route Verte) in Rosemere. We stayed at Hotel Rivage, good value: swimming pool, on the river, complimentary breakfast. Our standard room was clean and comfortable. We realized the next morning that there are two types of rooms at this hotel - standard rooms for tired cyclists and themed rooms equipped with lots of mirrors, in room jacuzzis, brass poles and MORE for guests looking for romantic/fantasy getaways. I guess the hotel clerk assessed us pretty accurately!

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 52 km (32 miles)
Total: 52 km (32 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0