Rosemere to St. Jerome - Exploring the Route Verte in Quebec, Canada by Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 24, 2010

Rosemere to St. Jerome

Route Verte is living up to our expectations. We had a lovely ride through farm fields and following the train tracks. The signage is excellent and the paths are paved. All intersections are set up with lights specific for bikes and we feel that our safety is always a consideration. We arrived at St. Jerome, the starting point for Le P'tit Train du Nord, a bike route in the Laurentians. As we are being shuttled to the northernmost point, Mont Laurier, we must stay overnight and take the shuttle at 8am. We are staying at the Comfort Inn, a member of Bienvenue Cyclistes. As predicted the hotel was very accomodating with the needs of storing our bike safely.

Our room at the Rivage Hotel. This was not a theme/fantasy room!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The signage for the Le P'tit Train du Nord is excellent.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We met this wonderful and ingenious man at the train station in St.Jerome. He said that after he turned 85 years old he didn't think he had the balance for a regular bike. So he built himself a new electric trike. Check out those batteries.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The official start of the trail at St. Jerome
Heart 0 Comment 0
We met this couple who were just finishing there 1800 km. trip through Ontario and Quebec. They were from Sainte-Adele, just up the trail a few km.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 32 km (20 miles)
Total: 84 km (52 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0