A Happy Birthday - Rise Again! Fall/Winter 2019 - CycleBlaze

October 16, 2018

A Happy Birthday

As the latest pain killer and antibiotic prescriptions wind toward their last days,  Dodie is out on her bike again. The target, just like on a "real" bike ride, is a coffee shop. In our case, it's called the Drumroaster. It's really an excellent place, that roasts its own coffee and has a small but decent selection of baked goods. The distance to Drumroaster is 6 km. If you make it, and like Dodie - don't like coffee, then you get their "Hugs and Kisses" tea drink, and a "Chunky Monkey" chocolate and nut muffin.   Hopefully restored, it's then 6 km to home.  So that's 12 km total.  So what?  So 12 km is a big deal!

Hugs and Kisses and Chunky Monkey
Heart 3 Comment 0

Dodie actually first achieved this once last week.   But today was a bit special, because it was her birthday. What a good bike-y way to celebrate. The theme was topped off by a birthday card from sister Karyn. It's a great one, isn't it!

Happy Birthday!
Heart 2 Comment 0
After "Hugs and Kisses", Dodie is ready to try to make it back home. She can expect to "pay" for the ride with a lot of tightness in the knee. But tomorrow, she will be back out again (probably).
Heart 4 Comment 1
Beth ArtHappy birthday Doddie from NZ
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 7
Ardell SiegelLooking good...Happy Birthday😊
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Bill ShaneyfeltWonderful!

Happy Birthday!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Kathleen ClassenHappy Birthday and congratulations on the ride Dodie! Drumroaster is one of our favourite stops. Keith will be there tomorrow and I suspect he will go for the cinnamon brioche. By the way, many of the best people are born in October. You, me and Keith hehe.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Jonathan Hecht🎈🎈Happy, happy πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚.

Sounds like things are looking up. Yay!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Suzanne GibsonHappy Birthday to you, Dodie!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Marvin PaxmanHappy happy day, Dodie! It is so good to see pictures of you on the bike again. I am having fun down here in southern Utah (4 medals so far). Looking forward to seeing you both in November.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Sue PriceOh! I just read this now - Happy Belated Birthday, Dodie! Hope you continue to have great riding weather!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago