Day 25: "It's a miracle!" - Ride And Seek - CycleBlaze

July 3, 2014

Day 25: "It's a miracle!"

"It's a miracle!" the man said to me after walking up to our table.

You see, it was raining. It was raining in the desert, where it almost never rains in summer. We had stopped at a coffee shop, Kive Koffee, partly because I wanted to and partly because we saw lightning in the direction we were headed. So I asked a man in a Santa Claus beard, who was doing some sort of art that involved drilling holes in rocks, if he thought it would rain in the direction we were going.

"I doubt it. We usually get all kinds of things that resemble rain, but it never happens."

Except this time it did, rain that is, and he was so pleased he came over to our table to express his delight.

"Maybe we are good luck?" I said, while Leo tapped away on his computer. Clearly, being from Europe, were rain is as common as languages I don't understand, Leo didn't see the significance. But I grabbed my camera to record the moment, and in the background heard the delighted squeals of the locals.

Other than that, Leo seems to finally be on the mend. We rode through beautiful country to Escalante, to Escalante Outfitters, which is a really cool outdoors shop that also sells delicious food from main courses to baked goods.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July and Leo wants to see an American Parade. It ain't gunna happen in Escalante though. One of the locals said they only have a parade for some kind of holiday related to Mormons.

Our climb up the mountain before Boulder. Painful, but pretty.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Leo looking thoughtful
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
You see that bright yellow spec in the middle of the picture? Thats me.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Look. Wet roads. It rained!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 miles (69 km)
Total: 1,389 miles (2,235 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0