Got the bikes! - Two Months of Rhine - CycleBlaze

June 4, 2022

Got the bikes!

in Amsterdam

We left Calgary airport, bright and sunny. Probably the best biking day of the year and we are leaving!

Heart 4 Comment 0

Great direct connection on KLM to Amsterdam, and after dropping our duffel bags at the hotel (and a quick change of clothes) we headed to see Eric at De Vakantiefietster bike shop.

Since we had bought the bikes "remotely", having sent him photos of us on bikes and measurements, he wanted to fine tune the fitting, so onto the fitting machine we each went.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Eric, a well known touring cyclist himself (and owner of the shop), took great care to measure. Then we took the bikes for a spin in Amsterdam for 12km to make sure they did ok, and also checked out the Komoot app and our sim cards in our phone. Short answer, the entire system worked very well. The bikes ride very smoothly, the Rohloff hub is "the bomb"! After a quick photo op outside his shop, we are off to dinner and bed before we start our trip tomorrow. So excited!

Heart 6 Comment 5
runchun he看到你们拿到自行车,替你们高兴。能告诉自行车的价格吗?等到还有等旅行结束时,能谈一谈这个皮带车和链条车各自的优缺点吗,在中国这种皮带车还很少见的。
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Patrick ParnoRunchun, email me directly at patrickparno@yahoo.com if you like.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Karen DeanPretty in pink 😊
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesI love this photo - the great gear and shop, and soon to be happy cyclists.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Parno HeatherLooking all fresh and set to ride!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Today's ride: 12 km (7 miles)
Total: 62 km (39 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Susan SagertSo glad you are pleased with your purchase! A lot of research obviously makes all the difference.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago