A train and a bike trip to Limburg - Riding In My Grandfather's WW1 Footsteps - CycleBlaze

August 31, 2016

A train and a bike trip to Limburg

We are packed and ready to ride to the Koblenz train station. Sleeping in a barrel for the last two days has been an interesting experience
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cora took the train from Limburg and met us at the Koblenz train station. We weren't sure if we would be allowed to put our tandem on the train to Limburg. Cora had come to help us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Success! We were able to get on the first train to Limburg. The train follows the Lahn River north to Limburg. We have ridden the Lahn River on a number of occasions.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Koblenz train station had stairs to climb with our bike. The Limburg station has only ramps. Lovely!!!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Every year Barry gets his beard trimmed by Angelo. This year Barry had the works done...beard trim and hair cut. Angelo is from Sicily in Italy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Thanks Angelo for a great hair cut.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After the hair cut we went for lunch at a traditional German restaurant. Apfelsaft for Cora and beer for us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mary Ellen had dumplings stuffed with lebenwurst and sauerkraut - delicious.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barry enjoyed pork knuckle with salad and bread.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cora had hackbraten (meatloaf) with mushroom sauce and salad.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is the pub where we enjoyed our lunch of traitional German food. Lots of atmosphere and character in this pub.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Limburg is one of our favourite historic towns in Germany and we are so lucky to be able to visit it when we are staying with Georg and Cora. We couldn't resist taking a few more pictures of the half timbered buildings of Limburg.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Returning to Germany from our bike tour, we were looking forward to visiting with our friends, tasting German beer and food and spending time in the area we have grown to know and enjoy. But of course, we were really looking forward to having some Italian Eis. Barry had spaghetti eis with different sauces.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cora and Mary Ellen had chocolate ice cream with cherries, 2 sauces and Advocat. Delicious.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 28 km (17 miles)
Total: 3,070 km (1,906 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0