A week in Tuk-Tuk: Doing almost nothing - The Really Long Way Round - CycleBlaze

May 7, 2015

A week in Tuk-Tuk: Doing almost nothing

Our week in Tuk-Tuk was lovely and relaxing. A holiday from Indonesia really. Nobody paid us any attention and we could just chill and not worry about a thing in the lovely location. It was so uneventful , in fact, that I’m frankly struggling to turn it into a blog post.

Well, here is another lake picture
Heart 2 Comment 0
Ah, this is a Spanish man who was there for the first couple of days. He's cycling around the world. How original
Heart 1 Comment 0
The peace of the lake was sometimes disturbed by banana boats because, of course, this was backpacker land
Heart 0 Comment 0

Oh, I know, I’ll write about Johannes, a German backpacker who was about the closest thing Tom found to a cute girl in our guesthouse, and to be honest he wasn’t that close. He was bespectacled and proper and found Tom a bit confusing, which I think a lot of people probably do at first. Still we hung out as a three for a few days, and one night towards the end of the week we went to the ‘Bamboo Restaurant’, which Tom liked to go to, partly because it played a lot of Bob Marley, but mostly because it was right next door.

Here Tom is in the Bamboo restaurant
Heart 1 Comment 0

So we were sitting in the restaurant a bit awkwardly, with Tom occasionally breaking the silence by farting very loudly, raising one arm in the air, and shouting “Fart Liberation Front!” when who should walk in but three, yes three, attractive young backpacker women. They were from the Netherlands, Tom, himself from the Dutch part of Belgium, confirmed. Well it was clearly fate so I managed to angle us an invite to their table. Unfortunately Tom and Johannes weren’t much better at talking to women than they were at talking to each other, and spirits were further discouraged by the girls’ tendency to mention their boyfriends at every opportunity. So nobody went home with any cute backpacker girls that night. Apart from the cute backpacker girls, who of course went home with each other. But not like that.

Heart 4 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0