To Eindhoven: short day - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

April 2, 2015

To Eindhoven: short day

We heard the rain storm during the night, though the morning looks promising....with blue sky in the distance. It's always easier to deal with bad weather when already on the road cycling. And we did have fairly good weather until a brief hail storm blew through and we took refuge under a highway bridge.

Karen has fixed us breakfast and snack packages of sandwiches, a banana and a snack bar. Paul & Karen have been a great first experience with Warmshowers in Europe.

Today is a short day of 32kms. Holland is a perfect place for cycling with bike paths everywhere...there is like a separate "highway" system just for bikes. We stay with a school friend of Patrick's.

Heart 1 Comment 0
A direction marker for cyclists
Heart 0 Comment 0
"I'm pretty sure this is the way to go to get to the canal" Patrick says. This is after following several markers "in the direction we need to be going" he says again. Rachel doesn't look convinced.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stop to enjoy the snacks provided by Karen, our warmshowers hostess. Paul and Karen had also taken the time to map out a scenic route for us, in the end Patrick took us on a more direct route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Wow, wasn't expecting this...a hail storm quickly moves through the area and we take refuge under the highway bridge.
Heart 0 Comment 0
With Lucien and Jeannine in Eindhoven. Lucien and Patrick met at architecture school and we did our first two biketrips together a long-long time ago......
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 32 km (20 miles)
Total: 121 km (75 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0