Day 88: Rest Day in Cazenovia - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

August 27, 2021

Day 88: Rest Day in Cazenovia

An "Informal" Warmshowers host

We checked how many rest days we’ve taken in the past 88 days; A total of 8 days. We have had some “half rest days” meaning a short day in mileage. Now we are ready to take 2 days in a row before the final part of trip begins at the end of the Erie Canal. 

When we first contacted Mimi, we were going to be here on Friday and asked if we could also stay on Saturday. Then with the heat advisories, we asked to extend that to include Thursday.

Mimi is gracious in supporting us, and if she were an “official” Warmshowers host, we would be leaving a glowing review. So we will do that here on our blog. She has given us the room with an air conditioner, so we were able to sleep very well last night. This morning she took us around to see some of the trails, and hiking with her Turkish rescue dog Otto. We can’t thank Mimi enough to let us stay another day.

After taking the morning to show us around, she returned to her “camp” in the Adirondacks and to spend more time with family that are there. She left us in good shape with plenty of food from a shop in town, the 20 East. We enjoyed a great Chicken pot pie for dinner. We are in much need for a second rest day. The weather forecast is encouraging that the heat may lift, and it’s only a matter of time the complaint will become about the cold.

We had received a text from Quinn, a cyclist who stayed with us through Warmshowers many years ago, that if we were in the area of Syracuse would like to get together. We connected with Quinn and her husband JC will pick us up tomorrow at noon for lunch.

 

Route 20, also goes through Boise, and we've followed off and on riding across the northern tier
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rachel and Mimi, and Otto, a Turkish Golden Retriever rescue dog.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
A local business leaves dog treats and water for passing dogs; Otto gets a treat.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A walk in the woods. Cazenovia has plenty of hiking trails
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0