Day 20: Rest Day in Glacier National Park - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

June 20, 2021

Day 20: Rest Day in Glacier National Park

No "Going to the Sun Road" for us

We are a bit too early to ride the Going to the Sun Road, though an opportunity to ride all the way through existed for today because the work crews don’t work on Sunday. We decided yesterday that the weather was against us, and after the rain continued most of the night and morning, we accepted that riding the Going to the Sun Road, is not meant to be. We will just need to create a new picture with our T-shirts, July 8th wherever we are!

About noon, the weather starts to clear and Robert, Trajan (cycling west from LaCrosse Wisconsin), and Rachel while sitting at the picnic table, hear someone shout “What site number is this?” Rachel turns, and it’s Kim! She has taken the time to come from Eureka to see us. She has stayed with us through warmshowers and a very experienced cyclist: cycling across county in many routes and in Asia, and just completed a ride from Chicago to Washington DC. And she brought beer, fruit, and potato chips! A meeting of cyclists elicits great afternoon of conversation, exchanging route ideas and stories of the road.

For dinner, Kim drives us to West Glacier and we find a Mexican Food Truck that is reasonably priced and good food. 

Chase is in 10th grade and riding alone cross country on his father's Bike Friday pocket llama. He averages 100 miles plus days.
Heart 4 Comment 1
Mike AylingHe definitely does not have helicopter parents!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Kim Johnson
Heart 3 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltDid she bring Glory?

:-)
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Bill ShaneyfeltYes, I'll have to find the picture!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Another cyclist in the hiker-biker area. Trajan, from Wisconsin cycling West.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0