Martina - Wandering in Puglia - CycleBlaze

May 21, 2022

Martina

Not a lot happening today. Needing a little more recovery time given the heat. But we do get out to pick up some groceries and in the afternoon go to Frantoio Oleario L’Acropoli for olive oil tasting and a tour. Great information that I can use in purchasing and using olive oil. 

Went out for passeggiatta and to find a pizza place with the oven ready.  Sat down street side instead of taking dinner back to our accommodation. The great volume of car traffic and the goofy actions of drivers turned out to be more entertaining than we anticipated.  We could not figure out why, in a relatively small, walkable town, so many people were out in their cars. 

Vincenzo’s family had produced olive oil in this building for 133 years.
Heart 2 Comment 0
An often unknown part of WWII is that Mussolini sent soldiers to fight with the Germans in the Soviet Union. There are several sets of the same surname.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I think it’s a campaign for mayor. It’s Italy, so there are campaign posters all over. Didn’t stick around for the rally.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My brother’s amazing timing. We missed being able to attend a Bologna FC match by a couple of days. This match is the day we ride to Taranto.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0