Ontario Farmlands - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

July 3, 2019

Ontario Farmlands

Port Royal to St Thomas

We slept in at our little farmhouse but we got going and actually left earlier than we usually do. It was overcast and cool. Wonderful cycling.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We passed all sorts of crops today all day. Very pretty, very green and very healthy looking.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltInteresting! Never knew they grew tobacco there...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_tobacco_belt
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyNo wonder there are so many smokers up here!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
It was a perfect riding day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We stopped in Port Burwell for some groceries and a cup of coffee and visits from the locals. It was fun.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the way out of town I spotted this submarine sitting on the side of the road!? Did Canada make subs?
Heart 1 Comment 0
Check this guy out! Wow, he is quite the masterpiece!
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltBig old female snapping turtle looking for a good spot to dig a nest.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/snapping-turtle
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Oh No! We stood looking at the only crossing when a pick up truck stopped and told us to follow him
Heart 0 Comment 0
He showed us a temporary bridge that crossed the river and we stopped on the other side of the closed bridge. A worker told me there was a dump truck on the bridge when it collapsed and there was a special on the Discovery Channel showing how they got the truck out!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The corn looks like it has made it to knee high by the 4th of July!
Heart 0 Comment 0
And beyond! I had to stop to measure!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Gorgeous wheat fields
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hardly a car on the road. It was idyllic today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our host kitty for tonight! Gina is off to town for awhile. We took showers, did a load of laundry and now the journal. My Anker external phone battery didn't work this morning so I just ordered a new one. I can't be without battery back up! It has been flawless up to now. Maybe these back up batteries only last five months when being used every day???
Heart 1 Comment 0
Violet!
Heart 1 Comment 0
We put together soup, noodles, potato and left over chicken and boy was it good. Time to do some mapping! Great day today!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Gina, our human host
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 9,268 miles (14,915 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0