On up the Coast we go - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

April 2, 2019

On up the Coast we go

Charleston to Avendaw

We had a rain storm this morning so we slept in, had a nice leisurely breakfast, cleaned up, loaded the bikes and headed out around 11ish. On our way to the bridge I had a flat so we stopped to patch it. When I went to spin the wheel, I noticed a broken spoke! I called a nearby bike shop and David said cmon over!

David fixed my spoke and replaced my brake pads for me.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Scrilla and Dutchess came to say hello.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dutches is 5. She is a Staffordshire Terrier.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Scilla is 13 and she is an American Staffordshire Terrier. They are on the couch with us while we wait for the bike repair.
Heart 1 Comment 0
It was closer to 1 by the time we headed out of town. The rain was done and we had a northwest wind that was pretty brisk. Over the 17 bridge we flew! (It heads in a southeast direction)
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Homes in Mount Pleasant. The ECG took us off 17 right away and we rode through town on some nice quiet roads.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Then we headed down to Shepherd's Island.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It was a tailwind all the way down and a stong headwind back up for 3 miles to our turn.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We made a quick stop to get groceries and then headed for our AirBnB in Avendaw. 

This is Tigger! He is the only boy in the house. I bet he is glad Stephen is here for the night.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Kendra is our hostess and she is heading off to work!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Pussy Poo is very social.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lilly, not so much but she comes out every once in a while.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 27 miles (43 km)
Total: 6,307 miles (10,150 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0