A day in Paradise, country backroads - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

September 23, 2018

A day in Paradise, country backroads

Day 3: Shelton Inn to Golden Lion, Raymond, WA

Okay, I erased the mileage we did before we officially started the tour so there is only the tour miles starting on the 21st! We woke up to a gorgeous day today. We did some research last night and ordered some front racks to see if we can fit them to the forks and spread our weight around more evenly on the bikes. We are thinking we would like two more batteries to have along just in case we need more charge or one of our batteries dies and we are out in the middle of no where!

We climbed up out of Shelton around 10 am after oatmeal and fruit in our room. 

Saw this on the way up the hill!
Heart 1 Comment 0

We climbed almost 800 feet and then it was downhill all the rest of the way to Montesano! Sweet! 35 miles of country roads and easy rolling. We were going to eat at the Bee Hive in Montesano but it was closed. Right next door was this sweet Organic store with a little resaurant in the back. 

They even have decaf French Press Coffee!nThe soup is tomato Curry!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Meanwhile I am still drying out from yesterday. Our server allowed us to bring our bikes right inside and we plugged them in while we were there.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I took a picture of Stephen while riding down the road but I need to work on this!
Heart 1 Comment 0

We rode on into Raymond, another 27 miles and we are staying here at the Golden Lion Inn right in downtown. We walked over to a deli because we heard there was good teriyaki but only on weekdays so we stopped in the Pitchwood Inn and got a salad and soup to go. The soup was vegetable beef with a kick. It was delicious. 

The rest of the ride was on 107 and 101 which was quiet today in our direction on a Sunday. It was a delight to ride on. We are here at the Golden Lion Motel.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 63 miles (101 km)
Total: 155 miles (249 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0