Lake Garda and Tourists Galore: A day in Peschiera - Cycle Tour in the Po Valley - CycleBlaze

May 14, 2012

Lake Garda and Tourists Galore: A day in Peschiera

Yesterday we had made ourselves familiar with our surroundings and knew the bike path into town. But today, to our dismay, there was a construction site blocking the way and there was no way to get around it. The cyclists ahead of us tried and got chased off. It took some scouting to find a road that wasn't either under constructon or a large highway.

We had already noticed the day before that the town is teeming with German tourists. Lake Garda is lovely and it is so close that it is so easy to zip down here on a week-end if you live in southern Germany. However, the density of German tourists didn't keep us from enjoying the town and views across the lake. Have to be tolerant, and I guess riding a bike doesn't make us less tourists than the rest.

Peschiera's small historic center is enclosed by 16th century walls.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Again, market day
Heart 2 Comment 0
Windows in Peschiera
Heart 1 Comment 0
Windows in Peschiera
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltGood angle to the picture!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
A canal through Peschiera leading from the Ticino to Lake Garda
Heart 2 Comment 0
Street in Peschiera
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lake Garda
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltWow, that's a BIG lake and HUGE mountains in the background!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Lake Garda
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lake Garda
Heart 0 Comment 0

At the end of the day we planned to go back to the restaurant where we had eaten the night before. What we saw was a totally different scene. The building was dark, the parking lot was empty, the road was still blocked to traffic. We then tried the small restaurant even closer to our hotel. It was practically empty, they didn't have a menu but rattled off what they had to offer, and we wondered how they had any business at all. But the pizzas and wine were good, and we could hardly believe the bill, they charged so little.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0