A Change of Plans - The Tractors between London and Lisbon - CycleBlaze

July 10, 2013

A Change of Plans

We (well mainly Ken) have worked very hard in an effort to get underway. The pruning,our biggest job, was finished some weeks ago, the last of the lambs from the main flock are all born and growing well, we have just about finished our big annual tidy up of the place, the wine is all racked and quietly sleeping in barrels awaiting our return in October. It is still three weeks till we are due to leave. It is not going to take long to get all our cycling gear and bikes ready. What will we do now? We could do some long bike rides in an effort to get fit. However I don’t enjoy riding much in our wet winter weather and a few weeks on the road well deal with the fitness problem. How about seeing if we could leave a bit early, after all our plans are fairly ambitious , we could do with a few extra days and we are now itching to get on the bikes.

What a flurry of phone calls I made today. Colleen and Peter who are house sitting could come a week early, an hour and a half on the phone to Emirates enabled me to change our flights, altering our travel insurance was no problem, I changed our hotel bookings at Gatwick and I rescheduled all our social and other arrangements. So it was no problem at all and now we will get busy organizing the bikes and all our gear, a job we both like. So now instead of leaving on the 1st August we lift off on 25th July. Suddenly I am very excited indeed.

It is all pruned now so the beautiful colours are no more.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The lambs are all getting quite big now
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ken and Francois had an interesting time tasting all the wines and after the wonderful season we had had we are absolutely delighted with them
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0