Day 35: Crawfordsville to Greenfield - Peter across the US 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 9, 2023

Day 35: Crawfordsville to Greenfield

Heart 0 Comment 0

Cold morning! About 9C, requiring arm warmers and gilet. We retraced our route from the hotel to the town centre then headed east through flat farmland with corn and nice farm buildings.  As we got further east the there were more buildings and small towns, gradually becoming suburban. I stayed with D, D and S until they turned up the pace at about 15 miles. 

Warm enough to ditch the extra layers at the SAG and then made my way into Indianapolis.  Quite uncomfortable needing loo breaks.

Passed through Speedway, a suburb focussed on the automotive industry and home to the Indy 500. Sounds of cars on the track. Some deprived suburbs until we got to the river and the cultural trail and cycleway that lead us along the bank and then to the very swanky downtown.

More deprivation and multicultural areas on the way out of town until we turned off the road to rejoin a cycleway and the second SAG.  Nothing there so snacked and made my way towards Greenfield.

Met Barbara who’d identified a bar for lunch. She and Todd had beers but I started with chocolate milk. We were joined by Chad and Spencer and had a pleasant lunch outside the bar as they set up for a concert in the small park next door. Gentle crosswind to start became a pain as we cycled to the hotel 3 miles north of town.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 74 miles (119 km)
Total: 2,427 miles (3,906 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0