Funday in Sandpoint - Northwest Trails - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2023

Funday in Sandpoint

Cyndy fixes us a hearty breakfast of pancakes with blueberries, yogurt and other good stuff this morning. Hanging out here is a lesson in sustainability. There isn't a napkin, paper towel or plastic glass in sight. Everything is reusable.  They have a washer but no use for a dryer. I'm picking up all sorts of useful tips, like using empty toilet paper rolls to dry out your socks and gloves. 

So good to see the sun this morning.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A couple of mint boxes in Cyndy's collection of reusables will make better soap containers than ours.
Heart 1 Comment 0

After breakfast, Cyndy, Barry and I take a short ride to the Farmers' Market. Nice to have an easy pedal just to move the blood around. 

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

At the market I score some carrots, daikon radishes, and morels for dinner. Its amazing that we managed to be here on a Saturday and actually know two of the sellers - our WarmShowers hosts from Clark Fork. By the time I find their booth, Jessica and Chad are busy and running low on product but still have good stuff small enough to travel - a hunk of Focaccia, oatmeal cookies and one if Jess's rhubarb hand pies.  

Chad and Jess with a crowd of customers.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Beautiful cocoa-dusted sourdough loaves
Heart 3 Comment 0
You can find them on Facebook - Tender Earth Baking
Heart 1 Comment 0

The market is the social event of the week. There's live music, clowns and kids hula hooping by the fountain. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

 A sample of the entertainment...

There are good outdoor stores nearby for supplies. We're in need of better bug repellent among other things.
Heart 1 Comment 0

After all the shopping we grab lunch at the brewery and head back to the house to clean up our dirty bikes and defunkify the damp bags.

Great tacos, salads and beer at Matchwood Brewery
Heart 2 Comment 0
Clean bikes drying in the sun.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Cyndy roasts a big juicy chicken to go with the veggies from the market for dinner. She and Rupert are amazing hosts. This is been an awesome layover day. I'd love to come back to Sandpoint someday.

Today's ride: 4 miles (6 km)
Total: 372 miles (599 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rachael AndersonWhat a great day!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Andrea BrownSandpoint is a great little town, always has been. We would drive two hours from our home outside of Troy to go out to dinner there. Unfortunately, Idaho has been taken over by regressive politics. Sandpoint's hospital recently closed their ob/gyn labor and delivery unit because of recent punitive laws. Our friends (she is pregnant) that were building a home there are going to sell it as soon as it's finished.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago