On the bike Burlington to Platsburgh - Back to Riding 2021 - CycleBlaze

August 2, 2021

On the bike Burlington to Platsburgh

Sun, wind, two ferries

29 miles. 
Since it was a short mileage day and rain in the morning, we waited until 10:30 to ride out. Also - first morning of a ride we all are working the kinks out of organization. But it was fun.

We finally headed out of South Burlington through a series of reidential communities, along the river, out the Ethan Allen Pkway bike trail, to the North End where we got on the bike trail out to Colchester and the causeway to the bike ferry. About ten of us were on the small bike ferry going the short distance to South Hero.

Bridge over the Winooski River
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the bike ferry - me with Captain Carol
Heart 1 Comment 0
Fish jumping out of the lake!
Heart 0 Comment 0

After leaving the bike ferry we continued on the bike trail on South Hero. A few miles in we saw the amazing bird houses!

Birds and a dinosaur hidden in the trees
Heart 0 Comment 0
More...
Heart 0 Comment 0

Next came the second ferry ride- the big car ferry across Lake Champlain from Grand Isle to Plattsburgh . We’re in New York now!!

Waiting to get on the ferry.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We’re loaded!
Heart 0 Comment 0

And on to the Golden Gate Motel in Plattsburgh. Phew! Fun day!

Evening meeting on the beach in Plattsburgh. E we go over the next day ride, rooms, meals, truck loading, etc.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 29 miles (47 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Puja SenningDude! This is so awesome to see your pics. So happy you both are on your bikes again. I'm now 'following' your journal and will be showing the girls as your entries come in. Go Gaga and Gramps!!!
Wishing you a wonderful start!!!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago