Adirondack State Park - Back to Riding 2021 - CycleBlaze

August 3, 2021

Adirondack State Park

47 miles
It's pretty rural here through the Park. We had the opportunity to see a sculpture garden, Ausable Chasm, the Serenity Garden, acres of apple trees, corn, and a few vineyards. It's beautiful farming country, then wooded stretches, and many hills! Hot and sunny with a strong South head wind!!!

The first thing we saw was this sculpture garden. Across this huge field MANY sculptures made from scarp metal and old farm equipment.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here's one of of the smaller pieces.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And this looked like a rendering of The Last Supper. When we got closer that's just what it was.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Then to get to a pedestrian foot bridge across the river we had to walk down a very steep access that also has a steep stairway-about ten steps. Margaret Smith stayed behind to help everyone down and then finally she came across the pedestrian foot bridge. Many thanks!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Finally we got to Ausable Chasm and walked out on the bridge to see it. This pic is of all the riders getting their photos.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Stunning!!!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Gathering after viewing the gorge waiting to cross the bridge which was limited to one lane traffic due to construction on the bridge.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 76 miles (122 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0