Nantes: Trains - A Miraculous Tour Around France and Germany - CycleBlaze

August 9, 2017

Nantes: Trains

It wasnt raining much but it was cold and rather unpleasant. It only took a little persuading to convince Ken it would be a good idea to progress by train. Originally we thought it would be a good idea to go to Flers and continue on from there but the weather there didnt sound too good and the trains a bit difficult. How about going to Nantes? It had a lot of things going for it. The weather sounded a bit better. The train travel somewhat easier. We could probably be able to see Michel who we have been following on Crazyguy for some time. We both love cycling along the Loire and progress along a river is so easy.

Breakfast done we loaded up and set off for the gare. It all went like a dream. It was easy to get our fully ladden bikes onto the trains and when we had to change platforms there was always a ramp or a lift.

The first leg was to Le Mans then over an hour wait for our train to Nantes. That didnt matter we filled in the time eating pastries and drinking coffee. I had booked us in at the Ibis Styles near the Nante Station so basically it was just a matter of walking across the road and we were there. Altogether too easy.

Dropping everything we decided to go for a walk and suss out the area We went past the Chateau, saw the cathedral and located the Tourist Information where we got some good information for our onward journey. Now for some lunch, there was a little crepiere near by. Soon we will be out of the region where we can get real gallettes and good brut Cidre so it pulled us in. By this stage my legs had given way almost entirely so it was a matter of hobbling back to the hotel. It makes me so mad that I cant walk any distance but at least I can ride a bike.

I was delighted on our return that Michel contacted us and we have arranged to meet him tomorrow morning - we are both looking forward to it

Waiting for the train
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the train
Heart 0 Comment 0
What to do while waiting
Heart 0 Comment 0
The picture in the Boulangerie
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Chateau in Nantes
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Cathedral in Nantes
Heart 0 Comment 0
The old biscuit factory
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 2 km (1 miles)
Total: 284 km (176 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0