Creating "Quiet Time," and the Route: How to Create Some Solitude Within Constant Togetherness - Minnesota Matrimonial Evaluation Tour - CycleBlaze

June 14, 2017

Creating "Quiet Time," and the Route: How to Create Some Solitude Within Constant Togetherness

Having solved the map and bike computer issues the only other question was how to build in our need to have some quiet time to recharge our psychological batteries. We both really like each other but we are also introverts who, to paraphrase Greta Garbo, "want to be alone." Here is what we have decided to do to achieve that, and also feed our creative souls.

I love to write. I just love it. More accurately, I love a story told well, and a bike tour usually provides great fodder for stories. Margaret loves to draw (and knit, and any other form of hands-on art). Visual arts are the way she expresses herself. So near the end of each day of the tour we are both going to sum up the things that struck us as notable. For me, I'll write up the day's story here on the CGOAB journal. Margaret is bringing along a set of color pencils, watercolor & brushes, a small modern Polaroid camera that develops pictures on the spot, with some card stock. She's going to create a picture every day or two with her art kit. I'll post photos of her work here on the journal. We figure we'll both need about 1 1/2 to two hours each day to be satisfied with the end result of those pursuits. That'll be quiet time for us, almost like being at the library, and individually we'll be doing the thing that helps us knit back together our respective brains.

Marg's Art Supplies
Heart 1 Comment 0

For fun, we're going to answer the same batch of "pre-flight" questions each day before we ride, and will report them to you in the journal. We'll also have an end-of-day set of questions that Margaret has grown especially fond of doing when on a trip of any kind. To wit:

Daily Pre-Ride Check-In Questions:

1. How'd you sleep?

2. What is the condition of your ... umm ... Nether Regions?

3. Your Legs Are Feeling ...?

4. Describe Your Attitude?

End of Day Questions:

1. Your Rose (favorite moment of the day)

2. Your Thorn (worst moment of the day)

3. Your Bud (what you are looking forward to most right now)

There you have it. The approximate route for this deal is shown below.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0