The Odessey Begins: Packed up and heading for the coast - And Then We Pedalled...... Cross Canada 2015 - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2015

The Odessey Begins: Packed up and heading for the coast

We arrived home at 1 am after spending the weekend in Columbus watching Mick, Keith, Ronny and Charlie bounce around playing classic rock to an intimate crowd of about 80,000 people (ok, Charlie really didn't bounce around, he just sat and played his drums).

Knocked one off the bucket list by seeing the Stones!It was a bit of a debate about whether to go see them the weekend before we were starting our trip, but you never know how many tours they have left in them, so the decision was made.

Woke up to another beautiful sunny day in Calgary, got the final bit of packing done, the car loaded and we headed west. Stopped in Canmore to check on the reno .... still more work to be done before we can unpack the sea can so that's now been put off until our return through town in about two weeks. The dream scenario depicted in our intro (written several weeks ago) is already under revision, but that's to be expected. We're still on target to start on the day we planned. That's good!

On the drive out we saw this mom and her two kids walking up to the road about 5 km west of Rogers Pass. We are carrying bear spray with us!

Mom was walking along the highway with her two kids about 5 km west of Rogers Pass. Yikes! We cautioned a few cyclists we saw later on who were headng east towards them.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We made it to Merritt and we'll have a short drive into Vancouver tomorrow morning where we will pick up Alison and then hit the ferry to Victoria.

Bill flew to Victoria today (and we have his bike on the car) and Deb and Rick, good friends from Comox, are driving down to meet us in Victoria tomorrow night. The pedalling begins on Wednesday!

Packed up with bags and bikes in Calgary June 1st. Heading to Victoria where we'll start pedalling on Wednesday June 3rd
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0