Istanbul - London to Istanbul on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

November 7, 2012

Istanbul

The view from the Ottoman suite at our hotel. We stayed in this room for one night and then moved to a room at the back of the hotel. After 4 months on the road we need to keep to our budget...and at the back, we are adjacent to the beautiful old stone wall. However, it was lovely waking up to this view in the morning.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Mary Ellen working on our journal at the hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A lovely, spacious room with a great view of the Marmara Sea.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have discovered a wonderful place to enjoy the sweeter side of Istanbul...Hafiz Mustafa 1864. The baklavica serves the most amazing honey soaked baklavas and turkish delight.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The green is crushed pistachio. Drinking cay (tea) is the national pastime. Sugar cubes are added to compliment the long brewing. We have grown to love Turkish tea.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our favourite place to have an afternoon sweet.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cats are everywhere in Istanbul.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The famous Blue Mosque is just around the corner from our hotel.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cats...cats...cats....cats!!!!!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Interested, but not enough to move from his warm spot.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We walked down a street and saw a cat. Barry whistled and cats came running from all directions - hoping for food or affection.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The cats must have thought that Barry had some food.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Mary Ellen standing in the outdoor seating area at our hotel. Behind her is a tower from Topkapi Palace.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The cobblestone hill next to our hotel. A father pushing a baby and an orange/pommegrate juice seller are struggling up the hill.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are very happy that we chose our hotel. The owner and his staff are wonderful.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We had a wonderful meal here. You choose what you want and then they add rice. The Turkish rice is delicious.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A tower of baklava
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0