Valley Truckle - The seventh step ... London to Edinburgh via Land's End and John o'Groats - CycleBlaze

Valley Truckle

Looking at the weather forecast last night we wondered whether we would cycle at all today.  When we awoke the rain was chucking down and we quickly decided that a day spent in the tent attending to work matters would be the prudent thing to do.  In the end the rain carried on until about six o'clock this evening so the call was a good one.  We managed to get through a lot of work which means we can cycle on for the next few days without that burden to worry about.  

We plan to stop off and visit an old friend in Taunton and he will only be returning home on Saturday.  Taunton is just over three days ride from here at our current pace so we still have a day in hand.

A Dutch lady of our age who is cycle touring through England also spent last night here and similarly decided to stay off her bike today because of the weather.  We have nattered a lot on and off through the day, she speaking Dutch and me Afrikaans without too much being lost in translation.

While we were having supper and Aussie of a similar age who currently lives arrived.  He is hoping to get to John o'Groats in a fortnight having previously done it in twelve days.  I'm not sure he could get his head around our three month time span.

The weather forecast for tomorrow looks a lot better - still pretty cold but far less rain - so we will start making our way towards Taunton.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0