Dunfermline - The seventh step ... London to Edinburgh via Land's End and John o'Groats - CycleBlaze

July 9, 2019

Dunfermline

The forecast was for rain the whole day so we weren't in a rush to leave before the latest check out of ten o'clock.  Thankfully most of the ride was on cycle paths and getting out of Edinburgh couldn't have been easier.  In fact, getting in to Edinburgh yesterday was just as easy.  maybe our accommodation was just well placed with respect to cycling paths but today's ride suggested that Edinburgh cyclists are well catered for.

On the climb up after crossing the bridge at Queensferry Leigh called out that she had a flat.  Thankfully there was a bus stop just ahead so I had somewhere dry to swap the tube.  The culprit was a piece of glass.  No complaints - this was the first tyre change since the day we left London.

This picture, apart from the fact that I am smiling, sums up the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After this we started feeling a bit tired of the constant rain and when we stopped for lunch at a pub in Inverkeathing we decided to call it a day and booked into the Travelodge on the northern outskirts of Dumfermline.

Bowl of soup for me - chips for Leigh.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The night in the Travelodge means it was easy to repair the punctured tube and get some work done.  The weather for tomorrow doesn't look that good so we will make a call on what we do tomorrow in the morning.

Today's ride: 35 km (22 miles)
Total: 1,944 km (1,207 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0