Edinburgh - The seventh step ... London to Edinburgh via Land's End and John o'Groats - CycleBlaze

Edinburgh

Our relaxing and restoring stay with Shi and Rod had to come to an end and this morning we set off for Edinburgh via Haddington.  We stopped at Mike's Bikes in Haddington to pick up a chain ring bolt because the female section of one on Leigh's bicycle was missing - I couldn't have tightened it properly when I flipped the chain ring about eight months ago.   There were a few small hills on the quiet farm roads on the way to Haddington but after that we crossed onto a gentle disused railway line that led us to the coast at Longniddry.

We spent some time bird watching along the coast east of Longniddry before turning westwards and heading to Edinburgh along the coastal road.  All in all, a gentle and stress free ride.

The country around Garvald is all farmland.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fitting the chain ring bolt outside Mike's Bikes in Haddington. Haddington seems to be a really nice little town with a great feel to it.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are spending the night in an apartment at the Destiny Student Accomodation in Murano Place in Leith.  Incredibly good value for money at 35 quid for the night for a fully equipped apartment.  Tomorrow we head northwards to Kinross.  The weather over the next few days doesn't look promising but we will just have to deal with what nature throws at us.

Today's ride: 49 km (30 miles)
Total: 1,909 km (1,185 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0