Dumfries - The seventh step ... London to Edinburgh via Land's End and John o'Groats - CycleBlaze

June 30, 2019

Dumfries

Neither of us had a good sleep last night.  The camping area filled up suddenly yesterday afternoon including two sets of campers who were quite worked up.  The one lot couldn't seem to go to bed and the other crowd seem three sheets to the wind before they even set up their tent.  The boozy lot suddenly packed up, very noisily and left somt time in the middle of the night.

It rained a bit yesterday afternoon and through the night.  The weather forecast was for a windy, wet day with the rain starting at about eight o'clock in the morning but when we woke up the sky was pretty clear.  We had decided to book a night at the Travelodge in Dumfries to escape the predicted bad weather and we hoped to get there before the rain started.  The strong south-westerly wind was in our favour and we climbed the big hill out of Kirkcudbright quite easily.

Elevenses was taken behind a wall to shelter from the wind.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We got to the Travelodge outside Dumfries soon after two o'clock and couldn't check in before two thirty.  Just before they would allow us to check in the heavens opened so we simply moved into the tiny foyer.  We're both pretty tired, sleepy not physically, and will probably hit the sack early tonight.

Today's ride: 50 km (31 miles)
Total: 1,682 km (1,045 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0