Carnoustie - The seventh step ... London to Edinburgh via Land's End and John o'Groats - CycleBlaze

August 20, 2019

Carnoustie

The name Carnoustie always evokes thoughts of golf balls disappearing with the wind into the rough or sand trap but for us it was a breath of fresh air after Montrose.   Even though we hadn't taken a liking to Montrose it was almost eleven o'clock before we headed out of the town.  Thankfully, most of today's route was either on quiet back roads or dedicated cycle paths.  All in all, lovely stress free cycling.

Most of todays roads were almost devoid of any traffic.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The fields of various cereals are now all ready to harvest or have already been hervested.
Heart 1 Comment 0

On the internet we had spotted a campsite in Carnoustie called Woodlands that has had very good reviews.  When we arrived we were quoted twenty quid a night for the two of us.  An honest shocked look must have crossed our faces because the owner then asked what we had been paying before and we answered eleven (the price we have paid for most of the past few weeks).  He quickly dropped his price to twelve but, given its facilities, I would have been happy paying fifteen.

The wine bottle resulted in a bit of banter with the owner when we arrived at Woodlands. Maybe it contributed to the better price we got. Certainly three bottle cages are critical given that one needs wine, water and milk.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We will spend at least two nights here on our slow journey down to Edinburgh.  The attractive little town has everything we need and we are in no rush.

Today's ride: 38 km (24 miles)
Total: 2,895 km (1,798 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0