Day 0 : Home to Nevers by Car - Lack of Imagination Loire Valley - Tandem Tour - July 2021 - CycleBlaze

July 13, 2021

Day 0 : Home to Nevers by Car

Today actually started last night, when I broke down tandem into two pieces and loaded into the car.

The tandem, separated, goes into the car
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had already assembled most of our clothes and equipment, but our trusty checklist helped us through the final stages.  Important because we start gradually losing our minds as the departure gets closer.

Everything checked off on the checklist
Heart 0 Comment 0

All panniers stuffed with our stuff, our handlebar bags likewise.  An extra bag for helmets and shoes, and a bag of post-ride clothes.  8 total bags into the car all around the bike.  We were good to go!

We rolled out of the garage shortly after 10AM and drove through intermittent rain to our lunch and gas stop near Brive-le-Gaillarde. It was pretty cold and rainy so we ate in the car.

As we got closer to Nevers the skies cleared a bit.  The weather for tomorrow doesn’t look too promising but we’re hoping to dance around the raindrops.

On the road
Heart 2 Comment 0

We arrived in Nevers about 5:30PM and found our hotel, the Best Western Hotel de Diane.  The nice people at the hotel agreed to store our car in their garage for a reasonable fee until we come back next week.   This gives us peace of mind since the car will be off the street.

After chilling in the room a bit, we went out to find something to eat. Robin’s pick for dinner (le 29) was closed - our first holiday casualty (tomorrow is Bastille Day/Fete Nationale).   We rebounded with a mediocre but cheap meal at a pizza place just up the street.

Then back to the room.  Nothing to do but sleep and think about riding tomorrow!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0