Day 55 Rustic CO to Chambers Lake Campground - Still 8 years old in my brain - CycleBlaze

July 5, 2023

Day 55 Rustic CO to Chambers Lake Campground

Before I could leave this morning, I had to help Peter hitch up the trailer. The old hitch jack motor gave up the ghost. Luckily we have a 2.5 ton car floor jack and the hand crank still works but we’re worried about metal fatigue on the hitch jack. 

The ride started out much like yesterday with nearly constant climbing but grades of 2-4% with occasional steeper grades until the last ten miles when it was fairly consistently 4-6% and occasionally higher. 

Up the road from Rustic
Heart 1 Comment 0
Ghost trees. I think they’re from the fire a few years ago.
Heart 2 Comment 0

As I was moseying up the canyon, a mountain goat ran across in front of me. I stopped and asked if he had a friend and lo and behold here comes his partner. 

Goat #1 is in the left upper corner. His friend is to the right.
Heart 5 Comment 1
Julie O’Neillso cool! great job on the climbs, Sandy
you will be ready for the Tour de France soon
🤗🤗🤗
Reply to this comment
10 months ago

I was glad to be done with climbing for the day. At Chambers Lake, Peter and I saw a huge Moose munching greens by the lake. 

Luckily Henry didn’t see him
Heart 6 Comment 3
Julie O’Neillyikes! please watch out for MOOSE!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Sandy EarleThey are soooo big!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Charmaine RuppoltWow - cool to see the moose! :)
Reply to this comment
4 months ago

Chambers Lake is a beautiful campground. We were fortunate to get a site here. Lots of thunder storms rolled through during the night. Tomorrow is Cameron Pass. 

Today's ride: 21 miles (34 km)
Total: 2,086 miles (3,357 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0