Trogir to Split via ferry - Kim and Glory - Europe - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2023

Trogir to Split via ferry

No reason to fight Split traffic when I can take a ferry and be delivered right to the center of town and  that’s exactly what I did.


Thought it would be a little more fun that it was, but still a nice trip.  The problem was there were only so many seats on the outside too deck and despite signs saying “no standing” that’s what people did.  That meant they blocked what should have been a great view.  The other issue was, somehow, there was no breeze for quite awhile making the ride hot.

At any rate, landed in Split and was pleasantly surprised.  A strip of park benches, under palm trees with lots of flowers.  I sat here for awhile trying to sort out the best hostel to go to.  Whenever there’s an “old town” which is usually the historic center pedestrian zones, stairs are involved.

I ended up heading to Enroute hostel a bit out of town, but with excellent reviews despite the enormous bed counts in the dorm.  

Walked back down to town and walked around before sorting out my ferry options for tomorrow.  Pictures velow, but i have no idea what the history is about Split.

To say I was a little disheartened when I saw this staircase is a bit of an understatement. Thankfully, thete was a way around
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Frog museum?! My friend Susan, would be happy here! She loves frogs!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 1 mile (2 km)
Total: 448 miles (721 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0