A highlight of the UP: Taquanemom Falls - Summer Adventure 2011 - CycleBlaze

July 28, 2011

A highlight of the UP: Taquanemom Falls

Kim writes:

Happy birthday to Roger! A really great brother.

Well, yesterday's 100% chance of rain never happened but we had a great day nonetheless. Nice ride out of town, followed by a hike to the Upper Falls, pedaling to campsite at Lower Falls, then back to the brewery restaurant for a whitefish dinner with wine. Love all the great eating on this tour!! Yum!

Here we are
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tahquamenon Upper Falls
Heart 0 Comment 0

John writes:

This morning, Kim and I pigged out on a huge breakfast at Zellar's, and then hit the road. How appropriate was the following? As we pedaled out of Newberry on Main Stret, Steve was out on the sidewalk setting up shop at S & J Bikes! We waved and said a sincere "hello" and "thank you" as we pedaled by.

The rest of the day was perfect - cloudy, cool, and with a tailwind - all the way to the gem of the Michigan State Park system: Tahquamenon Falls. We played tourist at the upper falls, and then ate a late lunch at the Brew Pub right there. After that, we pedaled four more miles and got a camp site at the lower falls campground. After setting up, we pedaled two UNLOADED bicycles back to the Brew Pub and ate there again! I could definitely get used to eating this whitefish! Then we returned to our camp and called it a day.

Tahquamenon Upper Falls
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view of Tahquamenon Upper Falls
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 38 miles (61 km)
Total: 647 miles (1,041 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0