More severe weather approaching: So now another rest day (#5) to catch up - Summer Adventure 2011 - CycleBlaze

July 27, 2011

More severe weather approaching: So now another rest day (#5) to catch up

Kim writes:

Guess what. The weather forecast is calling for 100% chance of rain. Guess what else....we prefer not to camp in the rain so will stay over in Newberry again. This is a nice small town (population under 3000) and is the Luce County seat. Newberry was designated as the moose capital of Michigan by the state legislature in 2002.

It's also neat how the Public Library, elementary school, and high school are all located in one place.

John writes:

The first thing Kim and I did this morning was check out the Weather Channel and see a big, green blob on the radar picture heading straight toward the Upper Pensinula. Thus, we decided to stay another day in Newberry and just get crap done. The day started with a pig-out breakfast at Zeller's, followed by Kim's tea with Zeus, Harley, and Chopper.

Then we pedaled to the local library, where we got the first Wifi signal in DAYS. Thus, we caught up on e-mail and typing into our journal; plus, I paid bills. We ate a late lunch at Timber Charlie's and a late supper at Zeller's (again). That's it for today. We'll hit M123 north again tomorrow.

Zeus
Heart 0 Comment 0
Harley
Heart 0 Comment 0
Chopper
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 3 miles (5 km)
Total: 609 miles (980 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0