Calonge NOT: Brunloya YES - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 24, 2017

Calonge NOT: Brunloya YES

We planned to ride to Calonge today but again the GPS lead us astray. We tried for almost an hour to get out of town but it kept taking us back to the start. Last night I re-read the instructions on paper and online, played with every button so I thought that I has figured it out but sadly, no. It is a Cycle 200 and not a Garmin so I have never seen this before an have no intentions of buying one. We were within a hairs breath of just packing it in when we decided to ride in a direction we knew. I then plugged in the name of the town were supposed to go to the first day and that worked fine. After a break in Brunyola we headed straight back with few challenges. It was a very pastural ride with lots of hazelnut trees and cork oaks. The climbing was gentle which was a good thing because our legs are toast. Maybe it was ok not to find the original route since it had more climbing. Tomorrow I am going on a guided ride with a different shop in town while Patti goes diving.

The ride profile for today minus the circling about in town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One good thing about our directional changes is that we came across this 8km run for women in Girona. If I read their shirts correctly this is the 4th annual. Yesterday we saw a group raising money for Alzheimer's, some things are the same all over the world.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The welcome sign into one of the village through which we passed.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view of the volcanic range here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A lovely church steeple on today's route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Brunyola
Heart 0 Comment 0
The church and tower in the square.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patti on here way down from Brunyola.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cork oak.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cork oak and my bike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of Girona today through the metal fence on a bridge made by the same architect who designed the Eiffel Tower.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A lion war memorial in town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I had avoided buying another jersey until tonight. This is a very comfortable jersey of the tour company for tomorrow's group ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 67 km (42 miles)
Total: 1,153 km (716 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0