Scribbling over the Scribble - Fibonacci Scribble - CycleBlaze

Scribbling over the Scribble

I edited the conceptual route and broke it into days and came up with a few results:

  • We could actually do it in 8 weeks, but I think we will allow more flex days.
  • Leaving home mid-April could put us on the Stelvio as early as mid-May.  That might be too early so we will postpone departure by a week.
  • Every single flight out of Trieste available with our points originates with Lufthansa!

That last item is important!  When I was investigating outbound flights, the most direct ones were on Lufthansa.  I mentioned this to Al and he said he'd heard Lufthansa bike fee was very high.  So I checked--and it would be about $300 each.  Okay, Air Canada it is.  Flying to Europe from Vancouver using Aeroplan points limits you to those two airlines.  Luckily this still leaves some options that don't involve changing planes in the USA...

So where is the next closest airport to Vittorio Veneto (where we'd finish after Passo san Boldo)?  Marco Polo near Venice...  I'd like to see Venice, but not at the end of a tour in peak tourist season...  The next closes option is Malpensa near Milan.  We could even fly all the way home on Air Canada with only one stop.

So here's the revised final leg of the tour:

Some of this might be on the train. Bergamo to the airport, for example. The endpoint shown here is an agriturismo that offers an airport shuttle and is willing to receive and hold our bike cases.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Scott AndersonYay, Bergamo and Brescia! (you are going to Brescia, aren’t you? It looks like your pen slipped and missed it somehow, but it’s an easy edit correction). Also recommend Vicenza, as long as you’re right there.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jacquie GaudetWe might stop in those places, depending on how our time goes. I looked at the Classens' photos of Vicenza and it looked packed with tourists! And we'd be there in June... As for Brescia, well, it's a large city. Tabled for now.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Rachael AndersonLooks like a great trip!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago