Ceva to Alba - Fibonacci Scribble - CycleBlaze

May 24, 2022

Ceva to Alba

A straightforward ride today between two towns with short names. 

After a nice Italian buffet breakfast, we loaded up and turned away from the roundabout I photographed yesterday with the Giro decoration. The road was quiet because it doesn’t connect to the roundabout if you’re in a car. 

We descended and found ourselves in a nice little town which turned out to be the historic centre of Ceva. Then across the river and the climb started. It wasn’t steep but it continued up for 10 km, gaining almost 400 m. Then rolling along through forest along the ridge and we started seeing hazelnut (?) groves and then vineyards. By the time we got to Alba, it seemed all the suitable land was planted in vines. 

Is that Ceva? Yes. I’m not sure why the fence was there. I’m also not sure why so many roofs in the town had old tires on them. I’d already put my camera away when I noticed that and none show in this view.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Image not found :(
The main street through Ceva was decorated with colourful pinwheels.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Climbing…
Heart 4 Comment 0
We’ve seen a lot of both of these signs but today we actually saw a deer just before this one.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Near the top of the climb
Heart 2 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltLarch tree?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larch
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jacquie GaudetTo Bill ShaneyfeltI think that’s it. Unfortunately, coming back in October to see if it changes colour isn’t in the plans ;-)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Near the top of the climb
Heart 4 Comment 0
Looking across the valley to the east
Heart 3 Comment 0
Diano d’Alba I think
Heart 5 Comment 0
Vineyards!
Heart 5 Comment 2
Scott AndersonI really love the vineyards in this part of the country.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jacquie GaudetSo do I. Actually, vineyards anywhere.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Riding through vineyards
Heart 1 Comment 0

As soon as we’d checked in and cleaned up, we went out for lunch and an explore.  It’s very hot out, so we came back to our air-conditioned apartment to relax in the cool and do laundry before the forecast rain. 

We had lunch at a place called Vincafé. Their daily specials included two primi piatti, one pasta and one risotto. We ordered one of each. This is the pasta and it was excellent.
Heart 3 Comment 0
The other was this delicious asparagus risotto.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Our apartment in Alba is incredible. It’s tiny, but has a kitchenette, a wall bed, and a washing machine. 


This is the bathroom. See that white thing beside the shower?
Heart 0 Comment 0
It’s a washing machine! It has all the options of the usual European washing machines I’ve used but I’m sure glad our host showed me how it works.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The drum is vertical, like a front-loading washer, but opens from the top!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 km (31 miles)
Total: 1,020 km (633 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Margie AndersonHilarious commentary on the washing machine discovery! the perks of having your own machine is priceless. M.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago