Sunday Nov 9: Tangier to Madrid: Back from Africa - Istanbul to Lisbon: From Sultanahmet to Sumol (and a sidetrip to Morocco) (Tour 7) - 2003 - CycleBlaze

November 9, 2003

Sunday Nov 9: Tangier to Madrid: Back from Africa

This morning was a bit cloudy, so I was not sorry that we would be on a ferry and train all day. But, it was very warm, probably about 20 degrees at 07:00. A taxi was the best choice and it whisked us into the port, where we caught the ferry shortly thereafter to Algeciras. Again it was neat that we could see both Europe and Africa the whole time. Try saying that at home.

The train was sold out, but seats came available so we were back in Madrid by 21:11. Not sure which exit to take, we stumbled upon the atrium in Atocha. Holy smokes. And this is a train station. The atrium part is bigger than my town (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration.)

A cold was starting so I was not feeling so great. I am usually very tough when I am sick, but for some reason not today. We went to a bar for a bocadillo a calamare, and aceitunas, along with sangria. Now how Spanish is that? Not to mention that we stood by the window with the food on the ledge, while we threw our tapas papers on the ground.

With a cold, that was all this sissy could take, so the day was over with an early crash. Must get past this cold!!

Gibraltar, from our ferry
Heart 0 Comment 0
High Speed Train, Spanish-style
Heart 0 Comment 0
How's this for one amazing train station? Renfe, Madrid
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0