Day 5: Paradise Campground to Blue River - The Grumbys’ (Ron and Jen) Pre-tour Shakedown Ride - CycleBlaze

July 16, 2017

Day 5: Paradise Campground to Blue River

Another slacker day

So you're probably wondering what kind of self-respecting bike tourists travel only 6-7 miles a day. We chuckled at ourselves a bit too  But the main purpose of this trip was to get out for more than a few days at a time, try different meal options and just learn what we could in preparation for our upcoming adventure next May. Oh, and to have a great time. 

So after exploring the campground for a few hours and taking to some kayakers (Mrs. G. is a former whitewater kayaker), we rode the grueling 6 miles to Rainbow, stopping at McKenzie General Store in McKenzie Bridge on the way. It is a cool place with basic food and a restaurant. We had reservations at Harbick's Country Inn in Blue River. The bed was a bit lumpy but the owners were incredibly friendly and helpful. They are bike-friendly and we loved it. 

We arrived early (that 6.6 miles was nothing!), so while they were cleaning the room we rode over to the Belnap Covered Bridge, which was just a couple of miles away. 

That evening we walked over to the Blue Sky market and stocked up on peanut butter, oatmeal, delicious cheddar Goldfish and bread, then had an excellent dinner at Takado's. 

Dinner at Takado's
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The was the first of several covered bridges we rode across on our route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fancy (or not so fancy ) room at Harbick's.
Heart 1 Comment 0
An after dinner walk
Heart 0 Comment 0
Back at Harbick's
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 7 miles (11 km)
Total: 102 miles (164 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0