Day 4: Lost Creek to Paradise Campground - The Grumbys’ (Ron and Jen) Pre-tour Shakedown Ride - CycleBlaze

July 15, 2017

Day 4: Lost Creek to Paradise Campground

Good advice and great camping

We were both relieved to wake up in the morning, considering that there was surely a deranged murderer in our midst all night. He probably reconsidered his murderous plans after figuring out that I was all burly and manly and stuff. I'm sure that must be it.

Anyway, since we were basically camped 6 feet from the trail, which is bad trail etiquette, we were able to talk to several mountain bikers passing through. One group told us that we could get to Paradise campground by taking the trail about a mile or two further. They were right. The trail was easy going and we got to the campground just as people were getting ready to leave. I stalked a couple of them and pounced on a great site while Jen got breakfast ready back at the picnic area. 

A young cyclist and his dog camped next to us
Heart 1 Comment 0
Paradise is a nice camp along the McKenzie River. We only rode a few miles this day so there was time to hike and watch rafters.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mrs G. is fearless.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the best things about slow travel is talking to people. These people were hot springs enthusiasts, and whatever that entails.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Hubba Hubba and all of our crap
Heart 0 Comment 0
I wouldn't want to ride the bikes too far on this trail loaded like they were, but it wasn't to bad. I like trail riding,so maybe a bikepacking setup will be in our future. The LHT is perfectly suited to this.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I can't believe I haven't been to the McKenzie before. Simply beautiful.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 3 miles (5 km)
Total: 95 miles (153 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0