DAY 9 - SHERBROOKE - Atlantic Canada - Counter Clockwise - CycleBlaze

June 23, 2022

DAY 9 - SHERBROOKE

Day 9 - 7 am coffee and breakfast sandwich with Ray, Bard and their son who stops in every morning on his way to work.  Thank you guys for all you did for this traveler, it was my pleasure to become your friend.

The day's weather is amazing and so were the roads.  A shoulder appeared and traffic disappeared.  I road right down the center of the road like it was made for bicycles - amazing.

Take a look.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 1
Heart 2 Comment 0

Arrived Sherbrooke 2:30 pm, didn't stop a whole lot; not much en route.  I did find the Liscomb Lodge where I had lunch .... Very nice place on the middle of a lot of green pines.  Great salad and pie plus a lot of water.

Anyway, arrived in the small town of Sherbrooke around 2:30 pm.  The forecast is for rain tonight and tomorrow.  The owners of the campground setup this blowup cabin for me at no cost... How kind!  Party Tent!

Heart 2 Comment 1
Jeanna & Kerry SmithThat is some fancy digs you got there! I hope you stayed dry. Kerry and I have been saying that you are following almost the very same route we did in 2017. North of Halifax, it gets very quiet and very short on facilities. We had planned ahead (since we do not camp) and it was a great ride.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

My location: (thanks Jason)

Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 miles (80 km)
Total: 406 miles (653 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Tamora StumLove the blow up house for Moser... Fun
Reply to this comment
1 year ago