Trento - Borgo di Valsugana - The Grand Tour - 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 7, 2023

Trento - Borgo di Valsugana

Janos and I settle for breakfast at eight. Rachael and Scott want to get a head start into the day and find a cafe where they can get their caffein fix earlier. None of us is looking forward to the steep five kilometers that we have to overcome when leaving Trento. Again it is the traffic that causes me anxiety on these narrow roads when you are toiling up the hill in your lowest gear. All goes well, and Sccott and Rachael are waiting for us at the top. Actually, they have been waiting for quite a while. From there it is all more or less downhill, first to Lake Caldonazzo and then on the Ciclovia della Valsugana along the Brenta until we reach our destination. The whole time we have the magnificent backdrop of mountains to either side.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 1
Gregory GarceauGotta say, you guys are having too much fun together.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 1
Gregory GarceauIt looks like Janos is drafting behind Scott before making his big sprint to the finish line.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lake Caldonazzo
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 1
Rachael AndersonGreat shot of Scott!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Heart 3 Comment 1
Rachael AndersonHey, you caught me smiling.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 0

Janos and I stop for a sandwich shortly before we reach Borgo de Valsugana, the Andersons cycle on ahead. What a great day, riding with good friends, good weather and just being in Italy. Then we spy Borgo di Valsugano's castle and joke that we hope our room isn't up there. Almost there and I get a call from Scott saying we better save some battery on our e-bikes for the final ascent to where we are staying. 

Castel Telvan
Heart 4 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltAck! That was quite the climb for you all! Whew!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago

We don't have to ride all the way up to Castel Telvan, but almost. Those final meters are killers. I only get off and push when I really have to -  and here I really have to. But what a wonderfully scenic and peaceful place this is.

A walk down to town for a fine meal and good time at Ristorante San Giorgio finishes the day.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 41 km (25 miles)
Total: 1,251 km (777 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rachael AndersonGreat write up of the day!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Kirsten KaarsooGlad to hear that Scott gave you a heads up to save some battery power for that final up hill!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago