Bassano del Grappa - The Grand Tour - 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 9, 2023

Bassano del Grappa

Today we all go our own ways. Rachael is off on a hike, Scott wants to do an out-and-back on his bike, Janos needs the time to work on his video footage and I take a wander in town with my camera. 

Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 7 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
King Kong Rhino (see picture below) outside Palazzo Sturm which houses the Ceramics Museum and Remondini print museum. There were many kids on field trips today and the usual screaming and romping.
Heart 4 Comment 1
Scott AndersonNice, but I prefer the suspended one in Brescia.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
"Symbol of justice and power, King Kong Rhino is made of stainless mirror-steel ... The artist Li-Jen Shih turned the rhino, a majestic creature considered a symbol of luck and kindness in Chinese culture, into a piece of contemporary art ... an icon of the "real survivor" "
Heart 1 Comment 0
The King and I
Heart 8 Comment 3
Scott AndersonWill go well with the photos of you with the whale and giant frog. We’ll have to create a Suzanne meets a Monster gallery.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Kathleen JonesPrint that.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rachael AndersonWhat a great selfie!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago

My real mission, however, is to get a bicycle shirt. I have a souvenir from France, my Mont Ventoux jersey, and I would like a Bassano del Grappa jersey to remember this part of the tour in Italy. What I forgot to point out yesterday were the jerseys Rachael and Scott were wearing. Rachael had her favorite bicycle shirt from Tuscon on and Scott was sporting his Bassano shirt.

In case you don't remember the picture from yesterday, here it is again.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Scott isn't quite sure any more where the shop is, somewhere near the Ponte degli Alpini he recalls. He's right and it doesn't take long for me to find it. I try on a couple of jerseys and end up getting exactly the same one Scott has. It is by far the nicest.

Heart 9 Comment 1
Scott AndersonI love this shirt - both the look and the memories it brings back. It’s not quite the same though. Mine is black around the waist, yours has what looks like a cityscape or whatever. We’ll have to check it out.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Nancy GrahamA wonderful day for each of you to chase your own passion. Love all your photos and that shirt looks like a good one. You are probably are just about nearing the end of this glorious trip, and I see, taking advantage of every moment. Enjoy and continue to stay safe.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago