Chiang Dao cave to Chai Prakan - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

March 28, 2016

Chiang Dao cave to Chai Prakan

Once again an early start - on the road at ten to six because we would be mostly climbing for the first 40 kilometers with a stiff climb at around the 30 kay mark. The first two hours were frustrating because we were looking for somewhere to eat or at least buy some food. All the places along the road only seemed to open at 8:00am and we were desperate to get some breakfast before the big climb started.

Eventually, soon after eight and just before base of the climb, we found a lovely place where we had what may be the best noodle soup we have tasted so far. A couple of Cokes plus one for the road and we set off with granny gear at the forefront of our thoughts. The climb took us through some lovely scenery and the traffic was mostly not too heavy or inconsiderate.

Granny gear !
Heart 0 Comment 0

The downhill towards Chai Prakan was really enjoyable and we reached Banai Resort at about 10:45. I guess we could have pushed on to Fang but we have time in hand and happy wife beats a long day anytime.

Karst mountains make a nice backdrop to this morning's ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 62 km (39 miles)
Total: 772 km (479 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0