Day 4-Covered Bridges of Vermont - Fall Colours - CycleBlaze

September 29, 2016

Day 4-Covered Bridges of Vermont

Another foray across the border to take in 4 covered bridges. It was an absolutely spectacular fall day with nary a cloud in the sky. We rode 58km/ 36mi with 2000' of climbing. The climbing was mostly in one large climb out of Montgomery VT that hit 16-18% twice. There was more beautiful scenery on both sides of the border and of course the bridges. After road cycling we went cycling in the trees via Velo Volant. It is a recumbent bike suspended from a cable that you pedal around a 1km circuit in the trees. After the cycle we wandered up to the high point to take in the amazing view and we were escorted by Louis the resident lab who likes to go hiking with anyone who happens along.

First Patti had her cable repaired in 10 min at the local bike shop.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On route we came across this beautiful garden centre with gorgeous mums.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My next mode of cycling when my balance isn't good enough for 2 wheels.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Covered bridges
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
A good example of the lattice work on these bridges.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After the tough climbs we had this beautiful downhill
Heart 0 Comment 0
Back across the border. We did not need our passports because we had Nexus cards.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After a tough ride what is better than visiting the local boulangarie for a croissant.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After the ride we drove to the Velo Volant. This is a recumbent bicycle on a cable through the trees. The following are photos from our trip.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patti with Louis who just wants to go for a hike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A few more beautiful fall colours.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Now this would be a great place to spend a few days.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Do you think winter is coming?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 58 km (36 miles)
Total: 283 km (176 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0