Day 3-Ride around Lac Brome - Fall Colours - CycleBlaze

September 28, 2016

Day 3-Ride around Lac Brome

We deliberately picked a shorter ride today because we had massages booked for mid-afternoon that were excellent. It was a good thing to because Patti broke her front derailleur cable. Fortunately we brought cables with us since she has Campagnolo gears. The bike is now in the shop to have the cable installed. I have replaced one before but only once and would try but since we have a real mechanic in town I will let the expert do it. Since she only had her small chain ring and cassette we couldn't generate much speed SO she decided that we needed an extra 16% climb on the way home. Today's ride was a scenic tour around Lac Brome. We stopped in the village of Lac Brome (aka Knowlton) to visit a few of the places made famous by the Louise Penny's books. Indeed there was a tour bus arriving in town to see these sites just as we were leaving, I see a major money maker for the local economy here. Lessons learned here: travel with spare cables, a derailleur hangar & spokes as a minimum.

We came across these wild turkeys today. I guess they don't know that it is Canadian Thanksgiving on Mon Oct 10.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The leaves are changing fast we see a difference everyday.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
I have mentioned that we are in rural Quebec. We have had the sights and sounds and today we got the smell from this excrement spreader.
Heart 0 Comment 0
All things Louise Penny from her novels. The following photos are of the bookstore and the hotel that are prominent in the life of Inspector Gamache.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 52 km (32 miles)
Total: 225 km (140 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0